Home  < Departments  < Election Commission  < Election Information
  • Weakley County Elections Frequently Asked Questions

  • Am I Registered to vote?

    To determine if you are a registered voter and view your early vote location(s) or your polling location on Election Day, access Voter Lookup or use the GoVoteTN app.  If no record is found, contact the Weakley County Election Commission  to determine the status of your registration.

  • How Do I register to vote?

    Download a Tennessee voter registration application and submit the application to Weakley County Election Commission. In order to participate in an election, a qualified voter must be properly registered no later than thirty (30) days before the election. The election commission office will process any by-mail voter registration form that has been postmarked at least thirty (30) days before the election.

    For citizens outside of Tennessee: If you are a resident of another state, visit the NASS lookup at CanIVote.org to learn how you can register to vote.


  • How Do I request an absentee ballot if I am in the Military and/Or Overseas) ?

    Military personnel, their family members and overseas voters (UOCAVA voters) may request an absentee ballot by completing a Federal Post Card application, also known as a “Form 76 or FPCA” (herein Form 76).  Once the application is complete, the form may be mailed, faxed or emailed as an attached document which includes a scanned signature to the Weakley County Election Commission.  The Federal Voting Assistance Program provides an online version of the Form 76 that a voter may complete and send.

    When completing the form, Tennessee requires the voter's full social security number in Block 4.  You may receive your absentee ballot via email or mail depending on your selection in Block 6.  Block 7 requires your Tennessee residential address.  Block 8 requires the address to which you want your ballot sent and must be completed even if your ballot is being emailed to you.

    UOCAVA voters may track their ballot using our voter lookup page. Enter your information and you will be able to track when the ballot was sent to you and when your voted ballot was received by the Weakley County Election Commission. If you need assistance, contact them at 731-364-5564.

    The voted ballot must be received by the Weakley County Election Commission Office by the close of polls on election day to be counted.

  • How Do I request an Absentee Ballot?

    To vote by-mail, a registered voter must meet certain requirements.

    A registered voter may request an application for a by-mail ballot no earlier than ninety (90) days before the election and no later than seven (7) days before the election. To be processed for the next election, the application must be received by the Weakley County Election Commission no later than seven (7) days before the election.

    To request a by-mail absentee ballot, mail, fax or email with an attached document which includes a scanned signature the following information directly to the Weakley County Election Commission.
    ► Name of the registered voter
    ► Address of the voter's residence
    ► Voter's social security number
    ► Voter's date of birth
    ► Address to mail the ballot outside the county (this applies only when the reason for voting by mail involves that the voter will be outside of the county during early voting and on Election Day)
    ► The election in which the voter wishes to participate. If the election involves a primary, the political party in which the voter wishes to participate.
    ► Reason the voter wishes to vote absentee. If applicable, a copy of the CDL containing the CDL number or the TWIC card must be included in the voter’s request.
    ► Voter's signature

    A request that contains this information will be processed and a ballot will be mailed to the voter.


  • What ID is Acceptable For Me to Vote?

    All voters must present an ID containing the voter’s name and photograph when voting at the polls, whether voting early or on Election Day. The information is provided to ensure that all Tennessee voters have access to information about the new law.

    Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
    • Tennessee driver license with your photo
    • United States Passport
    • Photo ID issued by the TN Dept. of Safety & Homeland Security
    • Photo ID issued by the Federal or Tennessee State Government
    • United States Military Photo ID
    • Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo

    ID that is NOT ACCEPTABLE: College student IDs and photo IDs not issued by the federal or Tennessee state government are NOT acceptable. This includes county or city issued photo IDs, such as library cards, and photo IDs issued by other states.