Home  < Departments  < Veterans Affairs  < Veterans Affairs FAQs

Weakley County Veterans Affairs

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What document do I need to apply for Veterans Assistance?
A. DD-214 Honorable Discharge (or under honorable conditions).

Q. Where can I obtain a copy of my DD-214?
A. Contact this office.

Q. What is Death Pension?
A. A benefit paid to eligible dependants of deceased wartime veterans.

Q. What is VA Disability Compensation?
A. A benefit paid to veteran because of injuries or diseases that happened while on active duty or made worse by active military service.

Q. What is a Veterans Pension?
A. A benefit paid to eligible wartime veterans of low income.


Q: Where can I find information about the GI Bill?

A: Find information at www.gibill.va.gov and also through the United States Department of Veteran's Affairs website.